It’s important to keep your marketing relevant by using topical real estate holidays and general holidays to inspire your content. While your brand stays the same, you have to evolve your messaging to sync up with what’s top of mind for potential clients.
Save this list of holidays for 2022 and check each back month to see which holidays are coming up. Don’t forget to borrow some of our marketing ideas to leverage every opportunity.
Real Estate Holidays for Each Month
While many of these holidays are not specific to real estate, they do provide you with an opportunity to connect, create fresh content, and share more about your business and yourself. Use these holidays and marketing ideas to stay in touch with current and past clients while also connecting with those who may want to work with you in the future.
- January 1, 2022 – New Year’s Day
- January 10, 2022 – Cut Your Energy Costs Day
- January 16, 2022 – Get to Know Your Customers Day
- January 17, 2022 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 28, 2022 – Have Fun at Work Day
Marketing Ideas for January
- Post a social media graphic sharing tips for cutting your energy costs.
- Share a behind the scenes Instagram video showcasing your workday and your team.
- Email a poll to past and current clients to get to know them better, which in turn helps to improve your marketing.
- February 2, 2022 – Groundhog Day
- February 7, 2022 – Send a Card to a Friend Day
- February 11, 2022 – Make a Friend Day
- February 14, 2022 – Valentine’s Day
- February 17, 2022 – Random Acts of Kindness Day
Marketing Ideas for February
- Send a late-winter market update email using video to talk your subscribers through current market trends.
- Make a social media post about your passion for real estate.
- Host a team-wide event for Random Acts of Kindness Day, doing kind acts for your clients.
- March 6, 2022 – Employee Appreciation Day
- March 8, 2022 – International Womens’ Day
- March 13, 2022 – Daylight Savings Time
- March 17, 2022 – St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20, 2022 – First Day of Spring
Marketing Ideas for March
- Share a social media carousel highlighting the women on your team.
- Send a reminder email to your clients about daylight savings.
- Post a spring market forecast video on your social media platforms and then send it to clients in a marketing email.
- April 1, 2022 – April Fool’s Day
- April 15, 2022 – Good Friday
- April 17, 2022 – Easter
- April 15, 2022 – Tax Day
- April 22, 2022 – Administrative Professionals’ Day
Marketing Ideas for April
- Host an Easter egg hunt for your clients.
- Remind your clients via social media about tax day with content about property taxes.
- Celebrate the behind-the-scenes admin employees who play a critical role in day-to-day business.
- May 5, 2022 – Cinco de Mayo
- May 8, 2022 – Mother’s Day
- May 10, 2022 – Clean Up Your Room Day
- May 16, 2022 – Do Something Good for Your Neighbor Day
- May 30, 2022 – Memorial Day
Marketing Ideas for May
- Customize coasters for your business and give them to local bars for Cinco de Mayo.
- Post a series of room cleaning tips on social media.
- Send out an email celebrating and thanking soldiers on Memorial Day.
- June 1, 2022 – Say Something Nice Day
- June 2, 2022 – Leave the Office Early Day
- June 19, 2022 – Take Back the Lunch Break Day
- June 19, 2022 – Father’s Day
- June 21, 2022 – Selfie Day
Marketing Ideas for June
- Create a shout out post saying something nice about clients you’ve worked with this past spring.
- Post a selfie on social media and share about who you are and why you got into real estate.
- Send a personal email to clients who are fathers wishing them a happy Father’s Day.
- July 4, 2022 – Independence Day
- July 5, 2022 – Workaholics Day
- July 12, 2022 – Simplicity Day
- July 20, 2022 – National Hot Dog Day
- July 30, 2022 – International Day of Friendship
Marketing Ideas for July
- Share tips on social media about backyard BBQ safety.
- Send an email about homeowners can simplify their home expenses.
- Send a personal gratitude card to past clients who have become friends.
- August 8, 2022 – Garage Sale Day
- August 9, 2022 – Book Lovers Day
- August 16, 2022 – Tell a Joke Day
- August 21, 2022 – Senior Citizens Day
- August 26, 2022 – Women’s Equality Day
Marketing Ideas for August
- Send an email newsletter with the fall market predictions.
- Partner with a local organization who’s promote a giveaway for school supplies.
- Share a social media post with your favorite real estate books.
- September 3, 2022 – National Food Bank Day
- September 5, 2022 – Labor Day
- September 12, 2022 – Day of Encouragement
- September 27, 2022 – Voter Registration Day
- September 28, 2022 – Good Neighbor Day
Marketing Ideas for September
- Volunteer at your local food bank and invite your clients to join you.
- Share a labor day post on social media, celebrating all the workers who fought in the American labor movement.
- Send a marketing email sharing tips for being a good neighbor.
- October 5, 2022 – Do Something Nice Day
- October 15, 2022 – Get Smart About Credit Day
- October 24, 2022 – Make a Difference Day
- October 25, 2022 – Mother-in-Law Day
- October 31, 2022 – Halloween
Marketing Ideas for October
- Share a photo of your team dressed up for Halloween.
- Give away pumpkins to your clients.
- Send an email to your subscribers about what your team is doing to make a difference in your local community.
- November 4, 2022 – Stress Awareness Day
- November 11, 2022 – Veterans Day
- November 13, 2022 – World Kindness Day
- November 24, 2022 – Thanksgiving
- November 26, 2022 – Small Business Saturday
Marketing Ideas for November
- Partner with small business for a Veteran’s Day giveaway.
- Share a social media post about local charities.
- Send your clients a Thanksgiving email, sharing your gratitude for their business.
- December 3, 2022 – Roof Over Your Head Day
- December 18, 2022 – Hanukkah Begins
- December 25, 2022 – Christmas
- December 26, 2022 – National Homeowners Day
- December 31, 2022 – New Year’s Eve
Marketing Ideas for December
- Share a social media post celebrating everyone who became a homeowner in 2022.
- Send a holiday email to all of your clients, focusing on the holidays as a time for joy and togetherness.
- Post a recap video on social media about this past year’s market and what’s to come in 2023.
If you want help coming up with even more fresh ideas and content, get our 12-month real estate marketing calendar!